Sunday, January 27, 2008

Double Chocolate Spice Cake & Sparkling Grapefruit Juice


Double Chocolate Spice Cake
A guess-and-try recipe that worked out very well!

The cake:

1 box Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp (a pinch) ground cloves

Follow the box's directions and add in the spices with the rest of the ingredients. Easy!

The icing was a chocolate ganache recipe from this website. Once the ganache set, I dusted the top with powdered sugar. Voila! The spices made all the difference in perking up the recipe.

Sparkling Grapefruit Juice

Alas, no photograph!

Juice from 1 freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (no pulp!)
1 cup Sprite (or I think I also tried ginger ale and it was fine too)
1 packet of sweetener

Combine juices and stir in sweetener, and don't forget the ice! It's really a recipe you can change to taste. I doubt those measurements are exact because I played around with different combinations before I found something I really loved.

No comments: